What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oustanding service from TCW for backup battery

lndwarrior

Well Known Member
Just had to give some props to Bob Newman of TCW.

I have wanted to do something a little non standard with his backup battery system. Because of this I was having a number of issues and questions all of which seemed to occur on the weekend.

Bob has been incredibly responsive even on Saturdays and Sundays. I can't say enough how I appreciate his immediate responses which have allowed me to continue to work on my plane.

A great product and great support.

Gary Welch

Just had to give some props to Bob Newman of TCW.

I have wanted to do something a little non standard with his backup battery system. Because of this I was having a number of issues and questions all of which seemed to occur on the weekend.

Bob has been incredibly responsive even on Saturdays and Sundays. I can't say enough how I appreciate his immediate responses which have allowed me to continue to work on my plane.

A great product and great support.

Gary Welch

I was playing around with my electrical system, which resulted in a voltage spike that blew out the boards in my back up batteries. He was a great help with numerous questions I had and helped me to get things back on track to fix my screw-up:).........

3amp TCW and SDS CPI

I recently installed my second TCW battery. This time a 3amp IBBS to power an also recently installed SDS CPI electronic ignition system from Racetech.
I would like to echo the above endorsements of Bob Newman and his product by saying that Bob was a great help with layout recommendations as well as drawing the final schematic.
I now have just under 50 hours on these two new systems and both are working great. A test of this system included running the SDS CPI, during flight, for one hour exclusively powered by the 3amp TCW IBBS. The system passed this test without any problem.

Mounting location of the 3amp battery is shown here. Up under the panel out of the way but easily accessible. Attached to the Aerosport side panels which provide plenty of support.
IMG_20180513_152653047a-XL.jpg

Bob Newman's electrical Schematic of this installation.
Image1-M.jpg

Back