What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Selling RV-10 to build a new RV-14

Bart

Well Known Member
With my family size reducing, I've decided to sell the RV-10 and build an an RV-14. I've seen Tim's write ups on comparisons and thought about my flying habits and feel this is a good fit. Anyone else made a down size like this? If so, how did you get along after flying the -10. Also any insights into how to sell the plane would be appreciated. Anyone interested in the details of my Texas located 2009 -10 can PM me.

Yep, We sold our 10 and I built an RV-14A. Love it and think I like the 14's flying qualities better than the 10. Didn't think that could be possible as I loved the 10. I think the lower landing and approach speed of the 14 helps out with the landings.
For me I enjoyed the trips with two on board better with less confusion in the cabin so that is why I switched. There was a few years between flying both so comparisons could be off.

Sold my -10 two years ago to downsize also. I regretted that decision the moment I watched the plane leave the runway with the new owner. That said, in three years I only had more than 2 people in it twice. Most flights were by myself so it was hard to justify the need for a 4 seat plane.

Back