What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fabric Outer Canopy Cover

Frankster13

I may have to leave my RV-14A parked outside for a day or two when I do trips in it. Does anyone know of a good canopy cover? Something that protects from the elements and is reasonably priced? Are people happy by the one offered by Vans?

Last edited:
Van's lightweight travel cover

I'm very happy with my Van's lightweight travel cover. Wouldn't want to carry a heavy cover that's meant for an airplane that lives outside for trips away from base.

Cheers, David
RV-6A KBTF

I'm very happy with my Van's lightweight travel cover. Wouldn't want to carry a heavy cover that's meant for an airplane that lives outside for trips away from base.
RV-6A KBTF

Agreed. Bruces's (more heavy duty) if your plane spends very much time outside including in windy climes. Lightweight if you don't park it outside a lot and not in any strong winds.

The way I use my plane, I should probably have gotten a heavy-duty one early on but I wanted to save weight... the lightweight ones are good but can only hold up to so much abuse. The UV will eventually deteriorate the stitching, and a really strong wind will rip it off the plane. In 20 years I've gone through three of the lightweight covers including repairs at sail shop. I guess I'm hard on them -- hey it means I'm getting good use out of my airplane anyway!

Back