What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rib mod on upper fuselage deck

Henke,

No real need to do a mod for two 10" screens. You may need to do some modification if you want to keep the deep radios (like the GTN-650) in the center and high on the panel.

Send me your email and I'll provide a photo on what I did.

Carl

Vic Syracuse's design is pretty well documented on Tim Olson's site, myrv10.com. Remember that this approach was created when most EFIS were still 4-6" deep, which is no longer the case.

Question for Ed

Hi Ed

Can you send me a couple of pics behind the instrument panel? Wanna see where you cut holes for the wires ect if you don't mind

Hi Guys

Anyone want to share pics of how they modified the 3 vertical ribs on upper fuse deck to accommodate 3 or 2 symmetrical 10" screens?

There is no need to modify the ribs. I mounted 2 Dynon Skyview 10" in the AeroSport symmetrical panel, with a center stack of PSEng audio panel,GTN650, SL30 mounted low in the cutout. Only had to make a cutout in the intermediate panel for rear of 650. Van's strongly advises against modifying the ribs, as they are structural.

Back