What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel Tank Sealant

I managed to get both tanks done on a single quart, no leaks. But it was close. Due to the shelf life, I'd recommend just getting one and see how far it takes you. In the time it takes one batch to really cure for a pressure test, you can get another one shipped to you if need be.

I managed to get both tanks done on a single quart, no leaks. But it was close. Due to the shelf life, I'd recommend just getting one and see how far it takes you. In the time it takes one batch to really cure for a pressure test, you can get another one shipped to you if need be.

The simple answer is get one quart, keep it refrigerated and use it reasonable sparingly. If you want a real good seal, after riveting the ribs in place, before you install back panel, make up a batch, thin it with toluene(preferred if you can get it) or MEK to latex paint consistency, and brush a coat over all the rivet shop heads and rib edges. The trick is to avoid air bubbles and pin holes. The sealant is good at 1/32" thick, you don't need the heavy coats that Van's quick build shop does.
If you have used more than half after doing one wing, order a pint to give you enough to finish up. Or if you used the whole quart on one wing, order another quart. Anytime you are not working with the ProSeal keep it in your refrigerator next to your beer and soda. Refrigerated the shelf life is probably quadrupled.

Back