What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Welcome SERV'ers!!!

jclark

Well Known Member
Benefactor
Welcome SouthEast RV'ers!

This should be a nice place to put stuff as we can also include pictures!

Will figure that out later but for now ... THANKS Doug!!

James

VAF Alabama Wing Says Hello

For some time we RVers in Alabama have known about you other guys in the southeast. With the speed of our RV's and with this forum, we should be able to communicate our plans for our get-togethers better. Thanks, Doug!
Don Hull
RV-7 emp N517D reserved
Decatur, Al
Alabama Wing Van's Air Force

Thanks Don.

There has been some discussion on further breaking it down, so I just posted this in the 'Midwest' group.
dr

-------------------------------

OK, making progress. I found http://www.census.gov/geo/www/us_regdiv.pdf which gives the 'official' regional breakdowns as recognized by the U.S. Census Bureau. However, looking it over shows there's no 'Northwest' or 'Southwest'. Also the 'West: Mountain' region is huge. But, it breaks down the USA into 9 regions. After looking at the map it makes some sense, and I might as well go with what the census uses.

Northeast: New England (CT, MN, MA, NH, RI, VT)
Northeast: Middle Atlantic (NJ, NY, PA)
Midwest: East North Central (IN, IL, MI, OH, WI)
Midwest: West North Central (IO, KS, MN, MO, NE, ND, SD)
South: South Atlantic (DE, DC, FL, GA, MD, NC, SC, VA, WV)
South: East South Central (AL, KY, MS, TN)
South: West South Central (AR, LA, OK, TX)
West: Pacific (AK, HI, OR, WA)
West: Mountain (AZ, CO, ID, NM, MO, UT, NV, WY)

Comments?

Well, Doug, I would like to get to know the guys in NC, SC, GA and FL, and that proposal would not include them. I would prefer TN, MS, AL, GA, NC, SC, and FL. You gotta watch those government folks! Sometimes they don't know about reality... ;)
Don

Agreed there's no easy solution here. It seems any model you use puts boundrey lines in an area that doesn't want to be split!!! :mad: . I'm going to take another stab at it in a few hours.

B,

Doug,
Maybe let's just leave it alone for a few days...and see what input, if any, we get! :confused:

Boundaries are tough to settle on!

I agree that the boundary issue is a tough one. I live about 1/2 mile north of the GA/TN state line in the Chattanoooga, TN area. I grew up in Dalton, GA and have RV friends in the Huntsville, AL area with TVRVBG. State lines don't mean much, miles do. I may not get to Memphis very often, but Atlanta and the Huntsville, Alabama area are not far away, even by car.

I am getting close to rolling my RV-9A out of the garage to take to the airport in the next month or so. When it is flying, distance, not state boundaries are going to determine where I go with it after flying off my 40 hours of test time.

Jerry K. Thorne
RV 90622
N2PZ www.n2prise.org

Back