What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Training seminar for Experimental aircraft maintenance.

Mel

Legacy Member
Mentor
Saturday, Nov. 6, Lucky Louque and I will be conducting an all day seminar on how to maintain, repair, and conduct condition inspections on experimental aircraft.
Cost is $150 and lunch will be provided. Go to ASOD.com and check out the details.
Air Salvage of Dallas is located adjacent to Lancaster Airport (LNC), southeast of Dallas.

Mel,

Do you teach this class on a recurring basis (annually, semi annual, ect). I am very interested in attending, but would like to do so closer to my first flight.

Thanks,

This will be the first class. It kinda depends on what kind of turn out we get. We hope it will be recurring.

What are the times?

If it's not too early I could possibly commute in with a rental plane.

I hope to be flying within 4-6 months from now, so the timing is pretty good for me.

Mel, do you think this would be useful to the builder just getting started? (I read http://www.asod.com/Events.html but wanted your opinion.)

I'm in Dallas occasionally on business (RBD, right next door)...might be able to get things to line up right. :)

Mel, do you think this would be useful to the builder just getting started? (I read http://www.asod.com/Events.html but wanted your opinion.)

I'm in Dallas occasionally on business (RBD, right next door)...might be able to get things to line up right. :)

I honestly think that any and all education of this type is useful. It will help you to know what you will need to do your inspections later. Sometimes you can "build-in" little things that might make inspections easier.

I honestly think that any and all education of this type is useful. It will help you to know what you will need to do your inspections later. Sometimes you can "build-in" little things that might make inspections easier.

This sounds like an excellent idea. I think I could learn something even though I built my plane and have done 5 condition inspections. I think it is a great opportunity to pick up tips and opinions from others first hand. I cuss at myself for some things I did in the build that I wish I done differently that would greatly improve maintanence. Unfortuately I will not be able to attend this one but will try and make it if this turns out to be first of several/many.

DVD maybe in the future?

Mel,
For those of us who are far from the location could you possibly film the seminar? There are thousands of us who cannot attend. You could sell couple DVDs :)

Not sure how that would work. Especially since 1/2 of the seminar is "hands on".
I'll talk to Lucky and see what he thinks, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Maintenance Seminar

Mel,

I just called and signed up for the seminar. It's good timing for me with what I've had to do with my project. See you there.

Jim Berry

Still have a few openings for the November 6th seminar.
We will be doing the condition inspection on an RV-6A for the "hands-on" portion.
Call 972-227-1111 to sign up.

Last edited:
If anyone in the Houston area is going to fly up in morning and fly back afterwords I sure would like to get a ride and split fuel cost. My plane is unavailable due to annual inspection. I will be starting an RV next year and think this would be a great class.

I can be reached at 281-455-6784 or [email protected].

Training Seminar!

Still have a few openings for the November 6th seminar.
We will be doing the condition inspection on an RV-6A for the "hands-on" portion.
Call 972-227-1111 to sign up.

Bump to top! $150, 8am-5pm, lunch included.

Just signed up! This should be good for me as I have a -6A but I did not build it.
Too bad it starts so early. Looks like I will either have to be late or fly without any moon or sun.:eek:

Back