What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Does X--Plane or MS Flight Sim have a RV-8?

N62XS

Well Known Member
I am preparing to buy a flight sim with stick, throttle and rudder. While I'd rather us my dual 2.7 G5 mac, A PC is possible, but I want a sim with a RV-8. Does anyone own either of these packages and do either have a RV-8? Opinions and recommendations?

Thanks,

Robby "Hard" Knox
RV-8 N184RK Completed and 4.5 hours
RV-8 Fastback N82XS tail completed. Awaiting wings.
Ercoupe 415-C/D N93515 Wings being recovered.

rv sim

Never saw an RV-8, but I had a RV-6 on X-plane. I'll see if i can find it. I'm sure with only a little bit of modification it could be turned into and -8.

Jeff

MS Flt Sim

I bought the RV-7/7A sim from Flight Factory last week. True to the real thing, it's responsive/sensitive and tough to slow down. It ain't no Cessna.

On hold for warmer priming temps,
Steve

The FS2004 one is great!

I downloaded the one that ChappyD recomended (above),and installed it on my outdated FS2004 machine (outdated for a computer means I brought it home from the store and plugged it in... :rolleyes: ).

Runs great! Handling is very similar to my -8's, and speeds seem about right (the sim is a little slow at the top end).

Paul

X-Plane has an RV-9A but it is not as good as the RV-7 from Flight Factory. I'm trying to get my son to make a new RV-9A for X-plane version 8 but finding the time is tough and I'm not smart enough. :eek:

flight sim 2004: Profesional Edition?

I went to buy FS 2004 today and got confused because my FS2000 was a "professional edition" and I thought I wanted fs 2004 to say the same thing but could not find that. Is there just one version of FS2004? Does it have all the same "instructional additions" the pro version of 2000 has?

That's right, MS got rid of the "Profesional Edition" idea...there's just one version of FS2004.

Danny

Fs 2004,aka Fs9?

...and when you install it, it goes into a directory called FS9 for some reason.... :confused:

Paul

Ironflight said:
...and when you install it, it goes into a directory called FS9 for some reason.... :confused:
Paul

Yes, the "ninth" version of Microsoft's Flight Simulator is FS2004. Both the same thing, and it's the latest version on the market. MS is now working on "X", but that could be another six months or more before release.

L.Adamson

Fsx

L.Adamson said:
Yes, the "ninth" version of Microsoft's Flight Simulator is FS2004. Both the same thing, and it's the latest version on the market. MS is now working on "X", but that could be another six months or more before release. L.Adamson
The screenshots I've seen for FSX look good. I guess I'll need to budget for a new computer later this year too. And of course if I get one, my wife will want one too... :(

Check out
http://www.microsoft.com/games/pc/flightsimulatorx.aspx

flight sim X

I read, but can't find the reference at the moment, that this is designed to be used with a new operating system so it might not run well at all with XP or any other obsolete OS ;-)

So yep, you may have to get a new PC just because the price of the new OS alone might be darn near the price of a low end PC so why not spend a few more $$$ :)

Back