What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Brake pedal return springs

Pat Stewart

Well Known Member
Ok I need some memory help. I few years back I purchased springs that went on the master cylinder shafts with an adjustable puck. I have searched for these springs for a friends RV and cannot find them. Can someone point in the right direction.

Thanks,

I got mine from the local Ace Hardware aviation department. Don't remember the dimensions, but just measured the dia. of the shaft and length needed. Works perfectly.

Springs and Collets

Local hardware store items. Collets are used on motor shafts to hold pulleys on the shaft,etc. Install with some tension so the brake cylinders definitely are not dragging any.

we built 3 rv7's together. we made sure the foot pedals were free from any friction at the bolts. we had to remove a little alum on each setup and didnt need the springs at all. all 6 pedals were a tight fit in between the rudder pedals arms where the foot pedals mounted. vans made the clearance too tight. they need to be really free to move. the better way would have been to narrow up the foot pedals a 1/16'' instead of sanding the assembled pedal.
the problem is if you need springs that could mean u have 0 clearance also. over time the alum wearing against each other could start to gull up but u wont realize until to late and discoer your springs are no longer strong enough. if the parts were built and assembled correctly you wont need the springs.

Last edited:
Back