What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

No Trip Write Ups in 30 days??

Capt Sandy

Well Known Member
That?s a trend that has to change.... so here we go...

On the road... I mean, In the air again:
We departed Ajo, Arizona this morning, beginning of a three week trek. Ajo will be home base for a few months this winter. Side note: Last year I purchased a Card Machine Works head set. I?d had a nagging problem with my left ear, and could not hear ATC over the radio, even with my (popular name brand) noise-canceling, over-the-ear headset. Besides that, the headset ?bar? was super uncomfortable on my head on our longer flights. The Card Machine Works CQ1 headset was a life-saver. Oh so comfortable, and I could hear the Controllers (and my hubby) again.
My ear is a little better this year, and Roy put new foam ear tips on my CQ1 headset before our flight this morning, so I am READY to FLY!!
http://cqheadset.com

i-HgDSF2Z-S.jpg

The town of Ajo, with its world class golf course in the lower corner. (What?? You?ve never heard of the Ajo Open??) The old WWII Officers Club is now a Country Club, and on weekends, volunteers serve breakfast and lunch.
i-bFxrJRC-M.jpg

We stopped for brunch at Ryan field, just west of Tucson. Good food and nice visit with friends, then on to Truth or Consequences, New Mexico. Friendly FBO, Courtesy Car, great brew pub.... and I?ll let ya?ll know how dinner is. T-R-C Airport is just out of the photo in the middle left side.

i-L6nCXgr-M.jpg

Tomorrow, it?s on to Austin!

Was wondering where you two were...

Hi Sandy,
Now I know that all's well with you and Roy and that we all can continue to experience adventures vicariously through your write-ups. Thanks for your post. Safe travels and warm regards from the Global Headquarters of Sky Designs at 74S. Adventure is out there!

On the road again Flying Gypsies. I am jealous. I will catch you in Ajo sometime in January if you are still there. My long term base may be couple RV hours north of you. Keep burning that gas keep writing...

Pick up your guitar . . .

In the spirit of the thread, I re-wrote the some of the lyrics to the classic. Have fun, be safe.

IN THE AIR AGAIN

In the air again
Just can?t wait to get in the air again
The life I love is making smoke trails with my friends
And I can?t wait to get in the air again.

In the air again
Goin? places that I?ve never been
Seein? things that I may never see again

In the air again
With a hand from Jesus we lift off the runway
We?re the best of friends
Insisting that the wind keep turning our way
And our way

Is in the air again
The life I love is turning slow rolls with my friends

In the air again
With a hand from Jesus we lift off the runway
We?re the best of friends
Insisting that the wind keep turning our way​

And our way

Is in the air again
The life I love is flying faster than my friends

In the Air Again

Re. T-R-C, N.M., assume lake = Elephant Butte Reservoir. Not seen from your air shot, supposedly Elephant w/ trunk 1/2 way out of water...taking some imagination when there, while back.

Ahoy Ken (and Susan)! So great to hear from you. I don’t think we followed up to let you know that the marine head we purchased at West Marine in Anacortes, and stuffed on the baggage compartment of the RV was successfully installed and made the boat much more live-able. So now, we can have company again. Good to hear from you! I’ll send a note soon.
Capt. Sandy

In The Air Again

Hi Jim, Moondog and Maverick,
All your replies brought a smile to my face! I love the song lyrics. I?ve been thinking of the Johnny Cash song, ?I?ve Been Everywhere? so maybe I?ll get creative and re-write that one.
Elephant Butte was off to our left and slightly behind us in the video. We hope to get out there and do some hiking next time we?re in the area.
And Jim... cold and rainy is why we are out here :)

More to come as we continue our trek east.

Fair Winds,
Capt. Sandy

Lots of trips to Ajo! Makes me laugh. I have played that course many many times.. I am originally from Ajo. I still visit often.

Back