What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Head Scratcher about when to put previously "Do Not Rivet" rivets

av84doh

There are 2 rivets on each side of the top part of the fuselage just behind the canopy that the plans on pg 30-06 that are marked "DO NOT RIVET". Can anyone tell me where in the plans after that where it directs the builder to put rivets in those locations? I can't find it. The plane is set for AW inspection in a couple of days and they are still empty. I'm just curious as I'm going to fill them with rivets with or without finding it.
Rob

I never did find where they call out to rivet those holes. I did them prior to the window being installed. Figured there was no reason not to. If your ready for your airworthy inspection then I would say go for it.

I believe you are talking about the do not rivet in the top middle of the enclosed picture that has three arrows coming out of it. If so the do not rivet is for the shaded area not just the arrows. This gets filled in at the rollbar step. section 37.

A link to this thread has been added to pg 30-06 on the WIKI in my signature.

For Edit permissions please DM me an email so I can send an invite.

Attachments

• 30 06.png
    30 06.png
    225.6 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:
Not those you have circled and arrowed. I'm talking about the 2 rivets on each side just outboard of the shoulder harness bracket. They are shown in your picture. Thanks!
Rob

That's a minor error in the plans - they mention to not rivet at a certain step, but then forget to tell us when to go back and rivet those two areas. I riveted them not long after I completed that page/section.

-Alex

Back