What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

IO360 firewall layout

daveedtl

I'm New Here
I am building an rv 7 with vertical induction and an io 360 engine. Ken at vans suggested I contact paul dye for ideas on an intelligent firewall layout. Anyone know his username?

Dave

Greetings Dave - Welcome to VAF!

Since I haven't put together a -7 myself, I would invite anyone and everyone who has done a configuration like this to chime in with help for Dave. Certainly, we have someone with pictures of this configuration. If not, we can start a discussion of how to go about coming up with such a config....

Paul

I would certainly be interested in seeing this as well. I've located my battery and my contactors so far, and I'm not terribly far off from hanging my engine and starting to figure out cable and wire penetrations

This is what my firewall looked like before I hung my IO-360 with Forward Facing (Superior) sump.

IMG_0134.JPG

Hope this helps!

:) CJ

I followed the firewall plans for my io 360 rv-9. The only thing that I would do differently is wait until the engine is hung before drilling the throttle and mixture cable holes.

FWF Friends!

It looks like a group of builders at the same stage. It is good have company as I am working at this exact stage. I was feeling lonely.

I am eager to see what others are doing/have done. Thanks for the posts!

Back