What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Surefly Electronic Ignition For Lycoming Engines

Check6

Well Known Member
I just wanted to write a one person's review of going to a new Electronic Ignition. What spawned this was me researching some totally different items but everything I looked at was all negative, does any one ever post anything positive anymore? I digress. I installed one of the new Surefly magnetos that was advertised at OSH. Now some facts, I have an IO 360 angle valve with 2 impluse coupled mags. No fuel purge system, so hot starts could be a challenge. So a very good friend of mine suggested we put in one of these new mags. So we did. The folks were super helpful! I also installed a battery back up for this emag as well. It was super easy to install, which is a big deal for me!
It just basically drops right in. It has made my hot starts a lot easier and for sure made the engine run much smoother/efficiently than before. I only have 35 hours on it but my hops are usually a .9 with multiple starts. So in keeping with my friends saying "I am only a sample of ONE" I would like to say this new product for my RV has been a very positive upgrade and experience.

Blue Skies,

Also happy with Sure Fly

Easy install, excellent factory support, No glitches with operation. Noticeable fuel consumption decrease.

Steve Barnes

No back up needed

When you install one Surefly your magneto is the backup. If you install two then a battery back up is needed.

Steve

Back