What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GDL 39 / Aera 560

autoglide

Well Known Member
I have a GDL 39 and a Garmin Aera 560 . The 560 will be the primary unit for navigation in a -4 I?m currently restoring. Using both, will ADSB info be displayed on the 560? I was using the GDL 39 to display WX on a mini iPad with
Garmin Pilot in another ship. Thx for all info... Marv

I have a GDL 39 and a Garmin Aera 560 . The 560 will be the primary unit for navigation in a -4 I?m currently restoring. Using both, will ADSB info be displayed on the 560? I was using the GDL 39 to display WX on a mini iPad with
Garmin Pilot in another ship. Thx for all info... Marv

Hello Marv,

Yes, the Aera 560 works great with the GDL 39 and will display ADS-B traffic and weather.

Appendix D of the Aera 560 pilot guide has a section which explains how to connect and configure these two units.

Thanks,
Steve

I used the GDL 39 with a Garmin Aera 510, and it worked great for traffic and weather with a blue tooth connection.

My GDL 39 connects to my 796 via Bluetooth. However, it used to connect
automatically, as it does to my iPad now, but to the 796, I have to connect it
manually. Any way to make it connect automatically?

Thanks.

My GDL 39 connects to my 796 via Bluetooth. However, it used to connect automatically, as it does to my iPad now, but to the 796, I have to connect it manually. Any way to make it connect automatically?

Thanks.

Hello Tom,

Please see page 27 of the current Rev. F Aera 796 Pilot Guide. It explains how to use the Manage Paired Devices page to enable Automatic Reconnect for a Bluetooth connection like the GDL 39.

Let us know if you have additional questions.

Thanks,
Steve

Back