What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Switchbox problems

guccidude1

Well Known Member
Friend
After 3 years my Switchbox has become non-responsive. I expect something has changed, it has money in the account but all it does is display "loading"on my iPhone. Anyone have any experience with this device? Additionally, no one answers the phone or responds to their email at [email protected] Dan in Reno

Response

Not responding is very odd as I had issue in the beginning and he always either answered the phone or got back shortly with email. Haven?t tried mine this year yet as weather doesn?t require preheat.
Good luck

Some ideas for you to try

Have you tried not using the ap and just calling the switchbox to turn it on/off? Have you tried cycling power to it (unplug it - wait about 30 seconds and plug it back in)? Do you have the old version that is 3G? As I recall, the owner of the company is a ?one man show? , so he may be on vacation.

I believe the older version that is I longer supported by the cellular network is 2G. If you have this version you will need to update your switch box or explore other options

do you know which carrier your sim is from? The post above is correct, but verizon still seems to support 2g in my area.

Guys: Thx for the replies. I tried again on email and got an answer. Delete the App and reload. Did that and the App is back to normal looking. Will try to activate it tomorrow at the hangar, unplugged currently. I do use T-Mobile. Just put $50 on the account 3 days ago, it had $16 left. Dan from Reno

Back