What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Auto filter

I use a Napa Gold 1515. This cross-references to a Fram PH8A, which is a very common filter.

Larry

Filter

K&N HP-1002
Napa 1068 & 1515 Gold
Do some checking all filters are not the same goggle for info.
Bob

I use a Napa Gold 1515.

Napa filters are made by Wix; the Napa Gold 1515 (aka Wix 51515) will work fine, but they're kinda long. The Napa 1068 (Wix 51068) is the same basic filter but just a wee bit shorter, better clearance behind the engine; I've been using the Wix 51068 for several years now, no issues.

You might need to add a nipple adapter to the oil filter mount...

Just looked at K &N filters today and there is a wide range of them in the $13 range. Does anyone used these and what number? They have a wrench top and saftey wire hole.

K&N Filter

I used the HP1002 as recommended by Casper Labs (they mfg Lycoming 90 degree adaptors). I was told this filter used to be a certified filter when owned by the previous company (don't remember the name). K&N continues to build it to the same spec...thicker metal can for higher pressure, lock wire tab, better check valve location than the Champion to prevent returning trapped stuff back to the oil system. The smaller size of the filter allowed me to use it on my O320 powered 4 with the 90 degree adaptor and clear the motor mount.

If you like the KN-1002, you might consider buying by the case. I have ran across several deals on line. The last deal was a case of 12 from Summit for a little over $8 each with free shipping to local store. Dan from Reno

If you like the KN-1002, you might consider buying by the case. I have ran across several deals on line. The last deal was a case of 12 from Summit for a little over $8 each with free shipping to local store. Dan from Reno

You can get them individually for $9 with free shipping from amazon. I am thinking of using these instead of the 1515.

Larry

Back