What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Houston Area RV Builders and Flyers Lunch

dsyvert2

Well Known Member
Group,

It is the 3rd Saturday of the month so let?s get together for some New Year's BBQ at Carl?s BBQ located at Weiser airport. We will meet at 11:30 am. All are welcome.

I will be out of town this Saturday so hopefully, I can get my BBQ fix next month?

Dave Syvertson

Hey guys -- Is this a monthly event?

Is it the sort of thing regular RV flyers can attend, or is it for builders only?

Do you rotate the location to different airports, or is it always at Weiser?

Any other chick pilots, or would my wife, Mary, be the only one?

We are starting to get out to do more weekend flying in the off-season, and it would be cool to meet some of y'all. :)

Hey guys -- Is this a monthly event?

Is it the sort of thing regular RV flyers can attend, or is it for builders only?

Do you rotate the location to different airports, or is it always at Weiser?

Any other chick pilots, or would my wife, Mary, be the only one?

We are starting to get out to do more weekend flying in the off-season, and it would be cool to meet some of y'all. :)

Jay - while Dave is the cat-herder for this particular event, my observation has been that it's almost every month, and generally alternates between Carl's at Weiser and the Aviator's Grill up at Hooks.

Flying RVs are more than welcome, provided you don't mind being the subject of drool sessions after lunch is over. Can't have a fly-in lunch without staring at aircraft, after all. As a matter of fact, I was the only active builder in attendance this past weekend.

As for the ladies, we've had a few come out from time to time. I keep trying to prevail upon my better half to come out, but I've only been successful once.

So anyway, feel free to fly up and join us one weekend, and bring Mary along too.

(And one of these days we're going to make the weekend trip down to KRAS that we keep talking about...it's just hard to get me to throw away a good airplane-building weekend!)

Jay - while Dave is the cat-herder for this particular event, my observation has been that it's almost every month, and generally alternates between Carl's at Weiser and the Aviator's Grill up at Hooks.

Flying RVs are more than welcome, provided you don't mind being the subject of drool sessions after lunch is over. Can't have a fly-in lunch without staring at aircraft, after all. As a matter of fact, I was the only active builder in attendance this past weekend.

As for the ladies, we've had a few come out from time to time. I keep trying to prevail upon my better half to come out, but I've only been successful once.

So anyway, feel free to fly up and join us one weekend, and bring Mary along too.

(And one of these days we're going to make the weekend trip down to KRAS that we keep talking about...it's just hard to get me to throw away a good airplane-building weekend!)

Cool, thanks for the info. We will try to make the next one!

And if you guys ever want to do a fly-out for the meeting, we could either host y'all at the hotel, or at our new hangar in Ingleside.

Here's a little bit about our hangar, if y'all have Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HoneckHangar

We've got plenty of room, a full kitchen, and a full fridge. :)

Back