What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Snake River [ ****'s canyon]

kjlpdx

Well Known Member
having just returned from kayaking ****'s canyon, I'm curious if anyone has flown into any of the local airstrips with their RV. I walked to one airstrip on river right above pittsburg landing. it was packed sand, not real lumpy, pretty long. these don't show on the sectionals, but a jet boat operator said they were public. a husky landed and took off at pittsburg landing on the Oregon side while we were taking off the river. ID power has an airstrip up at Oxbow, but it is marked closed. I've landed at Red's Horse ranch several times [la grande area], so have some experience with non-paved landings. it would be fun to fly out, grab a jet boat, and camp upstream. the hiking is spectacular. ****'s canyon kayaking is right up there with the grand canyon [far fewer people!].

No answer to your question

But I'm floating ****'s canyon next month. I didn't know about the airstrip at Pittsburg or that the Oxbow strip was closed. Interesting. I've floated the Middle Fork of the Salmon and wondered about flying my 8A into Indian Creek. I hope somebody has done it.

Randy
8A

Back