What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV Specific Condition Inspection Checklist

Walt

Well Known Member
Not to take anything away from Brians (or anyone elses) outstanding support of providing a condition inspection checklist to the RV community, as an alternative, I thought I would post a link to the one I keep on my website in PDF form for anyone that may be interested. Being that 95% of my work is on RV's I specifically tailored my checklist for the RV aircraft.

Link to RV condition inspection checklist PDF

Link to Word Document:
http://www.expaircraft.com/PDF/RV-Cond-inspect-Checklist.doc

I'd also like to mention (so I don't get acused of something sinister like plagiarism), that I initially picked up this checklist from someone here on VAF and over the years have made updates/changes/revsions to suit my requirements. So thanks to whoever that was that originally provided it.

Last edited:
Walt,
That is a very nice checklist. I use one that is similar but I like your layout much more. Could you email me the word version? I would love to customize it for my plane.

Thanks,
Gary
[email protected]

Not to take anything away from Brians outstanding support of providing a condition inspection checklist to the RV community, as an alternative, I thought I would post a link to the one I keep on my website in PDF form for anyone that may be interested. Being that 95% of my work is on RV's I specifically tailored my checklist for the RV aircraft.

Link to RV condition inspection checklist PDF

I do have it available in word as well if someone wants to customize it or has input for improvement.

I'd also like to mention (so I don't get acused of something sinister like plagiarism), that I initially picked up this checklist from someone here on VAF and over the years have made updates/changes/revsions to suit my requirements. So thanks to whoever that was that originally provided it.

Thanks for sharing that, Walt!

Checklist

Nicely done Walt. May I have a copy of the Word version too?
E-mail is below.
Thanks

Walt,

That is great!

Last week I sent Doug a note asking if he could create a page for the inspection lists, like what he did with the POH's.

(I've sent him a copy of my check list as a starting point.)

Walt,

I have people from time to time asking about places that do RV condition inspections. What is your fee and general turn around time?

I charge $795 for 2 seater and $995 for the RV10 (parts and repairs not included). Average turn time is a week assuming I don't run into anything unexpected and the weather is not freezing me to death, 2 weeks if I run into a parts or repair issue out of the "norm". I tell people to count on 2 weeks OTS, if I can do better thats great but don't count on it.

Last edited:
Back