What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

KPRB recommendations

esco

Well Known Member
Friend
Flying to Paso Robles on Friday - any good gouge? Recommendations for dinner in town?

Searched AFD, AOPA Airports, this site; is Jet Service Center still the FBO?

Weather looks good, but there's a possibility of clouds Saturday PM/Sunday, which may force a drive.

(Steve Smith, we're taking your advice from an earlier thread and plans to visit Watsonville.)

Thanks,

I work missions in Paso all the time, and RON quite a bit. I spent Wednesday through Friday there just last week. Plenty of great food right in town or a short drive away, depending on what you're looking for.

What are you into? Seafood, steaks, something unusual?

For your Breakfast try "Touch of Paso" on 14th and Pine if you're staying anywhere close to the center of town. I hit that twice last week.

You've heard an Army travels on its stomach, right? I try to live up to that motto when I can...

Doug

Dinner options

Doug:

Thanks for steer to "Touch of Paso" will give it a try for breakfast; as to dinner, if you have any recommendations for places with:
seafood and/or vegetarian items on the menu
good wine list (should be easy up there!)
local flavor/ambiance... I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

You are correct on the wine, most everyone has a at least a decent wine list. I'm not sure about vegetarian meals, but seafood and steak aren't a problem.

My personal Top Seafood and Steak places as follows, these two aren't in Paso, but nearby. If you're going to have wheels anyway it's fun to get out and about.

Seafood: 30ish minute drive to Cambria, go to the Sea Chest Oyster bar and restaurant. On the beach, it's been there 30 or 35 years and I think the same couple has owned it the whole time. Bring cash as they don't take credit cards. Or reservations. Just AWESOME food. If you don't want to wait for a table you can sit at the oyster bar and watch the chef's do their thing, lots of fun. I had the coippino last time and it was incredible, I ordered the large pot and couldn't finish it.

Steaks: Head down 101 about 15 minutes to Templeton for AJ Spurs saloon and dining hall. Very old west feel, great steaks and large portions. Beans and salsa for an appetizer, large variety of items on the menu. It's been a number of years since I've been there but it's always been great.

Around the square in central Paso there is quite a selection as well. Chico's cafe has a very talented chef and the seafood there is great, haven't tried their steaks. Their calamari appetizer is as good as the Sea Chest, maybe better, nice wine list. I ate there last week and had a great scallop and shrimp dinner.

Within a few minutes walk around the square you'll find a wide variety of places who's names I don't remember, from an Irish pub to some very eclectic choices.

Good luck and have fun!

Doug

Wine

There's a winery down the road in Templeton (5 miles south of Paso) called Bella Luna. Their flagship is called Fighter Pilot Red. The fella who owns the place just flew Czech Mate (Yak-11) to a third place finish in the Unlimited Gold Race at Reno. He keeps all of his Reno trophies in the tasting room. Might be worth a visit.

Templeton it is!

Doug, Paul:

We're basing out of Templeton, so these work out nicely; CINCHOUSE likes scallops and red wine (not together), so we can visit Chico's, and Bella Luna as well.

Thanks very much!

Back