What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Space X Boca Chica

swjohnsey

Well Known Member
There is a new TFR at Boca Chica starting tomorrow 8 Jan to 91,000'. I'm gonna fly the RV-4 down there today and have a look, 35 minutes, 5.7 g. The "permanent" TFR is only to 1,800' MSL

Waiting on the PIREP.

Might have to make a road trip from Port A.
Slow road but would like to see a big rocket test:D

Boomer

I was hoping to catch SN9 and SH10 on dual pads simultaneously for a picture, but it looks like I might get SN10 and SN11 instead, since SN9 is gearing up for a flight this weekend.

A little further for me at just over 2 hours but that still a good trip.

Just found this.

SN9 is scheduled for 0800.

Should be great and weather is nice.

12.5 km Flight
Type: Test Flight

The SN9 Starship prototype will attempt a first flight similar to the one performed by SN8. It consists of a powered ascent to an altitude of 12.5 km or 41,000 ft, followed by a belly flop maneuver, controlled descent, landing flip maneuver and landing.

Boomer

I know the Starship launches are special but we are a bit spoiled here in Florida with launches as many as three a week.
I step out in the back yard and watch many of them..

SN9 is sitting on the pad. As far as I can tell it looks like SN8. The TFR is for much higher this time.

Boca Chica

Funny. I grew up in Brownsville. Spent most of High School on Padre or Boca Chica.
We used to have huge bon fires on Boca.

SN9 Flight Slipped to Sunday?

Word this evening is a SN9 engine ground test fire only Friday and test flight slipped to Sunday?

High altitude TFR is now open for Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. There will be a static fire only for this afternoon.

Back