What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

TruTrak ADI 2 - The Latest Bad News

pvalovich

Well Known Member
Just talked to Bruce at Mid Continent. Unless you can kluge some repair yourself TruTrak ADI 2's are unrepairable - no spare parts came to Mid-Continent from TruTrak/BK.

So it now appears I have an empty 3 inch hole in my severely space-limited -8A panel.

Anyone know of an autopilot alternative that will fit in the hole?

Just talked to Bruce at Mid Continent. Unless you can kluge some repair yourself TruTrak ADI 2's are unrepairable - no spare parts came to Mid-Continent from TruTrak/BK.

So it now appears I have an empty 3 inch hole in my severely space-limited -8A panel.

Anyone know of an autopilot alternative that will fit in the hole?

I assume your servos are also TT. Doesn't GRT mini drive those servos?

The TT ADI have had reputation of failing, mine failed in the old plane but TT was still the same old company and there was replacement for it. So, I guess my point is that even if you find a used one, that may end up with the same issue some months or so later.

"While there are some products that we cannot continue support, those issues existed for TT as well. We just can't get parts for many of the early products anymore. We have recently approved an upgrade Sales Bulletin, much like what TT always did for our existing customers.

While I'm not out on VAF daily, I am always available to help with anything that you may have going on with your TT or BK products. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if you have a problem or question! Andrew.Barker(at)honeywell.com"

Send Andrew Barker an email at the address above, he should be able to offer some replacement ideas.

The xCruze 110 is a drop in replacement for the ADI-II. Only one wire (power) needs to be changed in the plug. I just did it a couple of months ago.

The XCruze adds the ability to climb and descend to an altitude that the ADI couldn't do.

You can buy just the head. It works with the existing servos.

The xCruze 110 is a drop in replacement for the ADI-II. Only one wire (power) needs to be changed in the plug. I just did it a couple of months ago.

The XCruze adds the ability to climb and descend to an altitude that the ADI couldn't do.

Just did this with the x Cruze 100 for my old dead Digiflight II flat pack.

Andrew was a big help, BTW. Send him an email.

The 2" xCruze 100 just became available in stock at Aircraft spruce P/N 11-17916 price is ~ 750 for the control head only.

There is a upgrade sales bulletin from Andrew-----just came out a couple days ago, so be sure your vendor is aware of it.

I paid $639 for the new head unit at PCA after the upgrade discount.

Gemini

Is the Cruze 110 the new name for the Gemini? The Gemini is a drop in for the ADI II and TruTrak had a interface cable from the cable to the new head that did the wire swap as well.
Only 2 things to consider are if you fully populated the DB connector wires from the pitch servo to the ADI II (needed for pitch autotrim) and you have to locate and wire the autolevel button if you want that function.
Took me about an hour to do the switch.
Figs

Back