What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need a CFI with an RV-6A for transition training

FlyingBanker

Well Known Member
Patron
I'm in the process of purchasing an RV-6A out of state. Insurance is asking for transition time with a CFI. Pre-buy is not being done until Oct 18. I'd like to go ahead and get some (or all) of the transition training done before then so I can fly the plane back home if everything works out on the pre-buy. Does anyone know of a CFI in the southeast Atlanta/central Georgia area with an RV-6a that could do this training for me in his plane?

Welcome to the EAB world! As a reminder, you are looking for a cfi and airplane owner (could be different people), where the owner has an FAA waiver (?LODA?) allowing his RV to be used for hire for transition training.
Vic Syracuse is on this web site, and in GA. I suggest you contact him for help.

Does your insurance requirement say "dual" or "tme in type"?

There is a big difference.

Mine required time in type, which i did in a friend's RV.

Mike Seager

I went to Vernonia, OR and trained with Mike Seager in Ole Blue, the original 6A. Great experience and a great instructor. John

Jan Bussel in Ocheechobee FL, if he is still doing transition training(s) and he has a 6A.

Back