What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin Pilot

uk_figs

Well Known Member
Friend
Does anyone know if there is a way to transfer user waypoints from Garmin Pilot (iPad version) to the Aera 760 and also to the GNX375. Largely local ATC reporting points and high obstacles (TV towers) versus en-route points on a flight plan.
Thanks
Figs

It's definitely possible to export user waypoints from Pilot as a csv file (selection on the "User Content" tab under "Settings") and import to a GTN/GNX after a little massaging/renaming (don't know the process but I've seen it in the GTN Pilot's Guide). Don't know about the Aera...

HTH

Dave

Dave, it's been a while (about 2 1/2 years ago...), but I seem to remember being able to use the WLAN of the GNX375 to transfer flight plans from Garmin Pilot.

Even better, if like most of the EU pilots you're using SkyDemon on a tablet, there's an export to Garmin Pilot (choose the route, enter the Route tab, then Share, then Send to Garmin Pilot) :cool:

Dave, it's been a while (about 2 1/2 years ago...), but I seem to remember being able to use the WLAN of the GNX375 to transfer flight plans from Garmin Pilot. :cool:

Yes I can export the flight plan to the 375 and I have figured that I can import the user waypoints into GP in .csv format from a spreadsheet, I can also manipulate them to comply with the GNX375 import format and rename the file to .wpt and import them to the 375 via the SD card.
I have not found a way to do the same with the aera 760.
It would be good to build the database once and have it ripple across all devices ;)
Figs

Back