What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What's going on at GRT ?

N40ES

Well Known Member
Any "NEW" News at GRT? Their last update on Website says "Happy Thanksgiving" (2021) and I'm not seeing them on a list of exhibitors at Sun N Fun. Any Insights or do I have wrong or old website?

I don't know if anything is going on but their customer service is outstanding ! I have an old EIS 4000 and the keypad was going bad. I sent in in and had it back in a week good as new for 85 bucks.

I just purchased a Horizon 10.1. Lead times were long due to parts shortages which is common across the whole electronics industry. But I have been on the phone with them several times recently and always get great support from their engineers.

Website and checkout function was very slow Friday, but order was eventually posted, John called, and carb temp sensor is on the way!

SnF has shifted focus, and raised booth rates. GRT has not been attending for a few years.
A small company has to ration resources. Unless they have a person that has the job of posting news and updates, it is likely that that aspect will get neglected. I'd rather they work on products than "look at us" fluff.
I work for a large company, and our division "news" page was just as stale as GRTs. I nicknamed our marketing dept the "product secrecy dept"....

+1. GRT is small, and all engineer types. Great products, not-so-great documentation (for non-engineer types). In addition they recently lost (death) one of their few non-engineer type employees. Not sure they’ve found a replacement yet.

GRT has always ranked very high, perhaps the highest among all EIFS provider and it would be very sad if they don't make it due to competition from the bigger company.

Anyone who read my troubles last summer on this forum trying to get my Horizon EX units to talk to my TruTrac A/P knows that communications between GRT tech support and a non-engineer type client can be frustrating at times. But I will say their equipment is first rate even though their documentation leaves a lot to be desired and is scattered between different products.

Having said that, last month I contacted Jeff DeFouw at GRT about an issue I was having with my EX altimeter setting and he quickly responded suggesting a solution. I honestly wish GRT would grow in size and scope because their product line is quite good. Too much of their expertise rests in too few people!

++ on all the previous comments.
I’ve been using GRT in my RV for 14 years. Jeff DeFauw just answered questions for me about a planned upgrade last Monday at 10 pm!! I wasn’t expecting an answer until the next day of course :cool:

Another happy GRT user here ... HXr with dual legacy AHRS, EIS and autopilot. Customer service/tech support has been outstanding. I did have some AHRS problems recently that I was quite unhappy about that traced back to manufacturing/QA issues, but the tech support in solving the issue was very helpful and timely. Documentation is definitely lacking, but once the equipment is up and running, it's a solid product with extensive functionality at fair prices.

Lead times are long right now but as is with most things this day and age.
Ordered 2 autopilot servos a couple months ago and found out Thursday they are on they way to my place.

I'm sure Jon and the guys are very busy right now and I'm guessing they are not focused on the website as much as customer support.

Lead times are long right now but as is with most things this day and age.
Ordered 2 autopilot servos a couple months ago and found out Thursday they are on they way to my place.

I'm sure Jon and the guys are very busy right now and I'm guessing they are not focused on the website as much as customer support.

Yep, just need to plan ahead. I ordered all my GRT stuff in October (Horizon 10.1, EIS, transponder, echo + GPS, two servos, several probes, etc) and it was all delivered yesterday - about 5 months. If you are building like me, just order a little ahead of time. I ordered the autopilot install brackets a few months ago and they were delivered right away, so I could install them.

They plan to be there

Any "NEW" News at GRT? Their last update on Website says "Happy Thanksgiving" (2021) and I'm not seeing them on a list of exhibitors at Sun N Fun. Any Insights or do I have wrong or old website?

GRT plans to be at SNF.
I had discussed this with Greg a while back and verified it today before posting this.

I don’t know if they will have anything “new”.

GRT "Sun-N-Fun" Specials posted today on their website. Unfortunately nothing I need is on sale.

GRT "Sun-N-Fun" Specials posted today on their website. Unfortunately nothing I need is on sale.
Looks like everything they sell has a discount, Mel! :)

EFIS Systems

Horizon 10.1 EFIS – $200 off!

Horizon EX EFIS – $200 off!

Sport 10.1 EFIS – $150 off!

Sport EX Advanced Touch Package – $200 off!

Sport EX Advanced Package – $150 off!

Sport EX Basic Package – $100 off!

Plus get 20% off all software and internal hardware options with the purchase of a new EFIS on Horizon, Sport, and Mini Series EFIS systems!

EFIS Accessories

Autopilot Servos – $50 off each servo!

Safe-fly GPS/echoUAT Package – $100 off!

Safe-fly GPS – $50 off

Digital Magnetometer – $50 off!

Engine Monitoring

EIS Packages – 10% off!
I'll betcha a nickel if you call them and ask for the SNF discount on whatever it is you want to buy, they'll give it to you!

Back