What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ADSB IN / GPS / intergraded solution. Opinions please

Maverick972

Well Known Member
Quick question,

I am looking for a more intergraded solution for ADSB=IN for my RV7.

Currently, I have a SKYRADAR D2 with feeds ADSB in to my GRT HXr as well I have a stratus S2 that feeds my dash mounted IPad it?s info with ForeFlight.

I enjoy using Foreflight.

It would me more convenient to power up everything as a unit and work.

Do I keep the two systems separate?

Wing x with will work with the SkyRadar but will it send flight plans to the 430?

Just curious as to what others have done.

Happy thanksgiving. Sean

I have a pair of GRT Hx?s, fed via USB from a Skyradar D2, similar to you. I also get wx/traffic wirelessly from the D2, using WingX, or Skyradar?s software, running on an iPad. I don?t think either program can link to a 430 series. I?m happy with this setup. Truth be told, most of the time I display ADSB on the panel mounted Hx?s. I use the iPad only as a backup.

Thanks Bob, here is what I have come up with based on search as well as o w of your posts from August.

I can upgrade from my Stratus 2s to the Stratus 3 and it will talk to the GRT HXr with the GDL-90 that the stratus 3 uses now through USB interface.

Then I can hook up the iPad and continue to use Foreflight, I then can transfer flight plans from Foreflight to the Garmin 430w through the flightstream 210. The 430 sends the plan to the GRT HXr and the Tru Track vision auto pilot.

I think that will be well integrated.

Back