What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sunday, August 17 06 AM - 10 PM Crow Island Annual Cook-Out / Fly-In

turbo

Well Known Member
Crow Island Annual Cook-Out / Fly-In
Food, Friends, great times at the annual Crow Island Summer Cookout. Come on out and enjoy a day talking airplanes with some great food and great fun. Bring your bathing suite and enjoy a dip in the spring fed freshwater pond as well.
8MA4 - Crow Island (Private)
Venue
Stow, MA
Contact
Glenn May
978-310-9705
[email protected]
flytrikes.net/

i am planning on arriving early and staying late.

IMG_0185.JPG

I've been to this spot a year ago. The only RV and I didn't know anybody. Didn't stay long looked over some antiques and left.

The grass surface was in excellent condition both approach ends clear of trees plenty of runway to stop/go around.

I've been here as well last year or the year before. The field is plenty long enough for an RV and flat. I'd make the pilgrimage this weekend but my airplane is grounded as I wait for a part. I will be up and flying again the following weekend if there is a mobbing to attend. Last Saturday's adventure was a blast.

If my schedule holds and the weather cooperates, I will take the -4 to Parlin Field (2B3) on Saturday and go to Crow Island on Sunday. Crow Island is only about 5 miles from the house, so I will likely drive so I can bring all 3 boys. We have been to Crow Island a number of times. It is a great spot.

I have no specific knowledge of the dates or agenda. I keyed off Turbo's initial post. Your link certainly seems to suggest that the "main event" will be on Saturday....

last report on crow island. this is one of those special places to fly to. the owner is a super guy who welcomes us back any time. a spring fed swimming hole you can drink out of. a spiral stair case to upper deck mid field for viewing runway activity. most of the activity is cubs and trikes(a lot of trikes). the grass is so smooth you will love it. also, he is building thangars and has one opening left for $200/month. the airport is just west of Boston's class B. in the winter they go on skis. sunday we had 3 other rvaviators visit the field including dean pichon with his 3 kids and wife, they drove in. overall i rate this place as a 10. we will be back for a picnic and swimming another time. they will be having another event this fall.
3DBFFD80-F70C-4A39-B96B-659C49D71BD7.jpg

Fly in Sat Oct 18th

There is another one

This is our annual Fall event with Vintage aircraft, Experimental aircraft, Ultralights, Light Sport Aircraft, Seaplanes, Radio Control Aircraft and more. Introductory flights in Light Sport Aircraft available. The day start at 8:00 AM with a pancake breakfast. A pot-Luck style lunch will be served. Camping is available at the field.

Aircraft flying in use a north pattern for both runways, left for 11, right for 29. Please use 122.9 if radio equipped. Avoid flying over houses.

Back