Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-10
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 03:40 PM

Default Great Class

I want to give a big shout out to Tim and Dave for putting on a very informative and helpful class. Having completed the class, I am at least confident enough to start making my first mistakes in fiberglass, knowing that I can now fix them and won't have to scrap parts and start over.

As a side benefit, just spending the time in their hanger during breaks and looking over other projects answered a lot of questions that I didn't even know to ask yet.....

I also would like to thank the other builders that came from all over the world to attend the class. What a great group of future RV 10 pilots.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:28 PM

Thumbs up Composite class

Hi all,
I finally made it to the forum. A HUGE thank you to Tim Farrel and Dave Saylor from Aircrafters for putting together a composite workshop last weekend. It was awesome. I have learned a lot. Seein ghow things are done and even doing something mysef was very useful.
I highly recommend this class!

Yuri
Old 03-02-2013, 06:45 AM

Smile complsite class

Dave and Tim from Aircrafters where great. I attended there class last week and they answered a lot of questions and a big thanks to all the others that where there, they helped me out and it was awsome to actually look at a few rv10 and crawl around them and be able to ask questions. A must take course if building a 10.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:16 AM

Did any of you guys see a light green RV4 being repaired there? Did it look like they were making good progress? Any talk about it during the visit?
Thanks.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:51 PM

The 4 is in compact mode: wings off, no engine, no prop, no gear, no empennage. This week parts started to roll in and we look forward to getting her back together in the next weeks.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:05 PM

Thanks Tim. It came out of the hangar next to mine so I was sorry to see it damaged. Appreciate the good news!