What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

F821PP and Roll Bar Gap Help Needed

Doug94

Well Known Member
I'm nearing the end of my build and have a "sequence" question that I cant find in my manual. When installing F821PP (upper skin over baggage compartment and instrument Bay) when do you install the semi-circular gap filler between the skin and roll bar (sorry forgot the F-number)? I'm wondering if the gap filler piece gets rivetted to the F821pp then that piece gets rivetted or do those gap fillers get rivetted to the roll bar and then F821PP rivetted on.

If the gap filler gets rivetted on first how do you use flush head rivets on the gap filler or do you not worry about that and it just gets fiberglassed over?

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I need all the help I can get to finish this up.

Are you referring to F8104-L as shown on drawing 37?

If I recall correctly, I installed that piece after the top skin was on. You have to manipulate it to fit both the top skin and the roll bar best way you can, then you pop rivet it to the roll bar.

Don

Sequence follow up

THanks Don. That is the part that I'm referring to. Does this get fiberglassed over when constructing the windscreen?

Yes, the 801PP skin side is covered with glass when you make the fiberglass windscreen bezel.

Don

Back