Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 04-18-2021, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH1166 View Post
minimum of 5.6 hrs a day for past 106 days..... PRETTY AMAZING ��
Over the last year- 12months. Try to fly everyday at least a min of 2hrs, most are 3-4 tho. Snapped a screen shot of my Foreflight, it's missing about 100hrs from Garmin app and the 11 pending I need to log and accept. At conditional of my 6a it was 656hrs or so.

I did say; "this year" but meant over the year. Sorry! The days seem to blend and I forget the year sometimes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2783.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	10539  

Last edited by delgadojay@gmail.com : 04-18-2021 at 10:35 AM. Reason: add pic
Old 04-18-2021, 10:57 AM

Default Putting on the Hours!

A friend of mine who flies a Howard DGA (not the easiest airplane to fly; I was right seat on a flight to and from OSH one year and did most of the flying!) said someone told him "If you want to learn how to fly a Howard, fly every day for a month!"

I am envious of you having time to put that many hours on your RV! Getting to know it under many different circumstances! Keep it up! You put more hours on your RV in a year than some people HAVE! I thought I flew a lot.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4953.JPG
Views:	12
Size:	172.3 KB
ID:	10542  
The adventure begins when things stop going as planned - Glen Heggstad
Subscriber!
Old 04-18-2021, 01:49 PM

Default Water in pitot line

The only problem I had just occurred flying to SnF. After flying in light to moderate rain for a while the IAS started to slowely go down and stayed about 30kts lower than expected. It was not ice as it was 50F at my altitude. At SnF I talked with the Dynon staff (I have a Dynon heated pitot tube). They said I got water in my pitot line and that was causing the problem and I should install a pitot line sump. Also since I have 4 instruments on the one pitot line, they recommended I install another pitot tube and connect my EFIS to the heated pitot and the others to the second pitot tube. I went back to my plane and climbed under the panel and sure enough there was a small (few drops) of water in the line. I disconnect the line and got a little out and left it disconnected for a day to allow better evaporation. Connected back up and flew home with no apparent problems. So now I'm looking to install a sump and probably another pitot.
Old 04-18-2021, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadjunkie1 View Post
A friend of mine who flies a Howard DGA (not the easiest airplane to fly; I was right seat on a flight to and from OSH one year and did most of the flying!) said someone told him "If you want to learn how to fly a Howard, fly every day for a month!"

I am envious of you having time to put that many hours on your RV! Getting to know it under many different circumstances! Keep it up! You put more hours on your RV in a year than some people HAVE! I thought I flew a lot.....
I love to fly! I am building hours along with my 18y.o. son, he has a year of college left and needs about 400 more hours to hit 1000hrs. He wants to go to the airlines, so we hit it hard! We flew a C-150 for about 300hrs and got tired of going nowhere very slow. We stepped it up to the RV and have been able to see the majority of the country. We both definitely know the plane characteristics inside and out. Fabulous machine!
Old 04-18-2021, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Gavitt View Post
The only problem I had just occurred flying to SnF. After flying in light to moderate rain for a while the IAS started to slowely go down and stayed about 30kts lower than expected. It was not ice as it was 50F at my altitude. At SnF I talked with the Dynon staff (I have a Dynon heated pitot tube). They said I got water in my pitot line and that was causing the problem and I should install a pitot line sump. Also since I have 4 instruments on the one pitot line, they recommended I install another pitot tube and connect my EFIS to the heated pitot and the others to the second pitot tube. I went back to my plane and climbed under the panel and sure enough there was a small (few drops) of water in the line. I disconnect the line and got a little out and left it disconnected for a day to allow better evaporation. Connected back up and flew home with no apparent problems. So now I'm looking to install a sump and probably another pitot.
Got into heavy rain coming back! I noticed my airspeed was low as well, good to know on the pitot.
Old 04-18-2021, 03:42 PM

Default Water in Pitot line

I always turn Pitot heat ON when in rain.
Not flying yet with the RV with a Dynon set-up but will continue to turn the heat on in rain.

The Pitot line goes upwards before going sideways in the wing...
I presume that would prevent water accumulating in the line??
And with the heat ON, would that help also, ???
RV-8 slow built #83274
Grove Airfoiled Gear, Wheels & Brakes
VPX-Pro, EFII System 32, EarthX batteries
Aerosport IO-375, MTV-9-B/183
Skyview HDX
C-GEMQ
Almost done...
Old 04-20-2021, 03:33 PM

the whole subject has been discussed a few times already... here for instance:
https://vansairforce.net/community/s...d.php?t=190262

DC aka Dan

http://www.aerofun.ch

RV-6.9 #25685, slider, O-360-A3A (carb/dual Lightspeed II), MTV-12-B, HB-YLL owner & lover
RV-4 #2062 HB-YVZ airframe builder