What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Opinion wanted: what to do with my Garmin flight stream 210

Maverick972

Well Known Member
This may be a more broad discussion than just about the Garmin 210.

I have a Garmin 430W, I wanted to have it talk to my iPad and foreflight so I purchased the flight stream 210 so they would talk.

Now, I am giving some serious consideration to upgrading the Garmin to the Avidyne 440 while there are still trade in deals around.

My discussion question is, should I install the flightstream 210 or sell it and use the proceeds to buy the 440?

If anyone wants to make an offer on the 210 it?s brand new.

Thanks Sean

I'm interested in the Flightstream, how much do you want for it. As an aside, I'll be moving to Plano for work in the next few months, any intel on hangar availability at Aero Country?

Interested

I have a 430W also. I?m also looking to install a 210. What is the trade in deal on the 440?

I'm interested in the Flightstream, how much do you want for it. As an aside, I'll be moving to Plano for work in the next few months, any intel on hangar availability at Aero Country?

I will ask around for you, check your PM?s.

I'm VERY HAPPY with my IFD440 upgrade

I sold my 430W and bought an Avidyne IFD440 about 15 months ago and I'm thrilled with the upgrade. Foreflight and an IFD440 can share information including flight plans. However, I find entering flight plans in the IFD440 so easy that I usually enter them directly in the IFD440. I use the Avidyne IFD100 application on my iPad, it runs a full instantiation of the IFD440 on an iPad - with the format of the larger screen IFD540.

I never had the FlightStream 210 so I can't compare the features. I believe the last SW update for the IFD440 allows easy switching between Foreflight and the IFD100.

Note that since my plane is experimental, I downloaded the SW update to a memory stick and did the update in my plane. No trip to the dealer required.

I don't know if there is still a trade in program. I don't see anything about a trade in program at https://www.avidyne.com/product/ifd440-gps-navigator/
There is a referral program that will give a new purchaser a $100 gift card and a $100 gift card to the person credited with the referral. If you buy a IFD440 and say I referred you, I'll donate $50 to VAF/DR. PM for details.

Back