What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Question for Stein...

LifeisGood

Stein,

I saw the press release today on the main page about the Garmin deals being offered at Oshkosh. I'll be buying a 696, but I'm not sure if I need to buy the unit directly from Garmin or not to get the discount. I'd much rather give my money to an RV dude! I'll also need to pick up an AirGizmo panel mount and wasn't sure if I can get that from you also. I didn't see AirGizmo on the vendor list at airventure.org...

Thanks!!!

daniel

Stein,

I saw the press release today on the main page about the Garmin deals being offered at Oshkosh. I'll be buying a 696, but I'm not sure if I need to buy the unit directly from Garmin or not to get the discount. I'd much rather give my money to an RV dude! I'll also need to pick up an AirGizmo panel mount and wasn't sure if I can get that from you also. I didn't see AirGizmo on the vendor list at airventure.org...

Thanks!!!

daniel

Actually you can't buy anything directly from Garmin when it comes to aviation units...therefore you are forced to buy them from someone! Like I always say, "you've got to buy it from somehwere and I need to money to feed my RV habit, so please give it to me"! :)

Cheers,
Stein

Stein rocks!

Folks..I know Stein does not need any more referrals but let me add one nonetheless.

I recently had a frustrating experience with Garmin (Garmin has outstanding customer service but we all ended up in a comedy of errors situation in this instance). Last week I mentioned it to Stein (I buy all my avionics from), who immediately stepped in, called all the parties involved and took complete care of it. You cannot buy this kind of partnership and service..!!.

Next step - pick up my Stein TShirt at OSH.

Thank you.

many unreported service help

And for every one of these examples we hear about there are many more that are quietly taken care of by Stein and most of us never hear about it.

Gary Specketer

49clipper

I am not sure if this is the right place, but I have an avionics wiring question. My previous avionics shop left me hanging. I need to know which pin out of the gnc300xl goes to pin 17 (a/c radio audio input) on my PS Eng PM1000II. The intercom works, but no noise or anything from the radio. Previously, there was a wire from pin 17 but which my premade harness from said shop, no wire. Next time i will get in line and wait on Stein to do it.

The only wires I connected to the 1000II are pin 1 - pwr grd/ pin 12 - A/C PT/ pin 13 - Radio Grd/ pin 25 - Mide Audio.

Jim
N189EM RV-6

I'm not Stein, and have never played him on TV, but...

If I understand your question, that would be J102 Pin 5, Comm audio, Hi.

Mel is correct (as always)...it pin 5 on the small connector on the GNC. If you need a copy of the install manual for the GNC just shoot me an email.

Cheers,
Stein

Thanks...!

Thanks Stein for the info.

See you at your booth to swap you money for a GPS...and hopefully a T-Shirt :D

Daniel

Back