What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Where to buy fuel injection hose?

KitfoxJoe

Hello
I am starting to do the fuel plumbing from the firewall to my io-360 and can not find where to buy fuel injection hose. I am looking for hoses that are made up with ends already installed. Thanks Joe

Tom Swearingen, TS FLightlines, RV owner and VAF adverttiser made all of mine, take a look on my log at them.

How often should we replace the fuel lines, let's say in a fuel injected engine?

I have heard, every 5 years but was not sure if that is just for the rubber type hose or teflon as well. Also, does any one know if VANs supplied hoses are teflon or rubber?

Up until about 5 years ago, Vans used Aeroquip 701 hose---stainless braid with a nitril (rubber) liner. Yep change it at 5 years in service or 8 years total life. Teflon, as we know it, has no service life, as long as it isnt damaged by abrasion or heat.
Tom

Last edited:
Another +1 for Tom. He is active on the forums, quick to fill orders, and the best in the business for our RV's!

Another +1 for Tom. He is active on the forums, quick to fill orders, and the best in the business for our RV's!

I will second that big time.

With AFP horizontal FI, there is a short 1/4" piece from controller up to purge valve, I had a devil of a time getting it sized right. Tom re-did it 3 times to get it right.

He is one good dude in this business.

By the way Tom, have just about 60 hours in the 8, still no bent metal, managed a 9 to 15 knot gusty cross wind today and kept it on the runway. Not the big leagues yet but slowly working up to it. :)

Back