What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X HD Pins/Thermocouple AWG

JamesClarkIV

I have trouble fitting the Type K red/yellow thermocouple wiring into the G3X HD pins (as these pins are designed for 22-28 AWG). Are there pins I can get for the HD connectors that will allow for a little larger wire (like 20 AWG)?

I have trouble fitting the Type K red/yellow thermocouple wiring into the G3X HD pins (as these pins are designed for 22-28 AWG). Are there pins I can get for the HD connectors that will allow for a little larger wire (like 20 AWG)?

If you don't want to use 22AWG wire then trim away some of the strands before crimping and it will work just fine in that application.

:cool:

I did not have any issues but I used my "bug eyed geek goggles" to get the job done.

xy26s.jpg

I also got my wire from Stein. He has premium 22ga thermocouple wire....

IMG_4962.JPG

22 AWG Type J/K Extension Wire

Hello Jim,

22 AWG Type J and Type K thermocouple extension wire is readily available that works great in both the HD pins used in the GSU73 and the standard density pins used in the newer GEA24 engine monitor.

Page 17-6 of the Rev. M G3X Installation Manual identifies the part number of one example of 22 AWG Type K wire.

Let us know if you have questions.

Thanks,
Steve

Silly Me

I guess I made a mistake and ordered the 20AWG Type K thermocouple wire from Stein. I didn't even see the 22AWG listed. Oh well...I've got them all connected now. For those doing the thermocouple wire on the GSU73 who come in the future...22AWG wire will make this job easier...:)

Thank you all for the helpful replies.

I asked Stein Air about 22ga thermocouple wire... they no longer carry it since it's so expensive and is not necessary for the GEA 24.

Back