What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Laramie WY

docsuresh

Am looking at a possible long-term (multi-year) project in Laramie WY and wondering if there are any folks on this board who are from that neck of the woods. Look forward to learning more about the RV/GA community and flying there. As only folks here can imagine, it will be a significant factor in the decision matrix :)

Thanks in advance..

Suresh
N765RV
San Diego, CA

My daughter is a professor at the University of Wyoming at Laramie so I have been there many times from Lincoln. The elevation is 7,250 msl, but the runways are plenty long. Friendly folks at the FBO, I have rented hangers overnight.

I didn't see any RVs, but I am sure they are around.

Last edited:
Can't speak about Laramie or Cheyenne, as I have just flown over them. But not far to the South are KFNL (Fort Collins-Loveland), KLMO (Longmont), KGXY (Greeley), KGNB (Granby) with large experimental & RV groups.

6's and 3

I think there are a couple of 6A's and maybe a 3 in Laramie. I live in Pinedale, WY and my 3rd kid is now in his 2nd year at UW, so I cruise over there on a fairly regular basis.
Well, actually my son would be in his 2nd yr. Broke himself up pretty bad on his dirt bike just before school started, so will be missing this semester.

Thanks

Thanks for everyone's reply.
I'll be there late in September and would be good to meet some folks there so I can get a sense of hangar/flying/community etc.

Larry..great to hear you are in Lincoln. Wife and I went to school in Lincoln and still visit back there at least once a year. Stopped at Laramie on my way back from Osh last month and it was a picture perfect flying day.

Dave - is it true that your flying calendar in those parts is limited severely from Oct through March/April? Or like the Alaskan pilots are you also weather-resistant :)

Suresh

Back