What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I need to get a resale value for my RV-7

carrollcw

Well Known Member
I need to value my RV-7. Only 100 hours on it. Single Garmin G3X with autopilot. No lights, IFR nav, ADSB. The rest of the info is in my signature line. Not selling, but need to get the value.

Thanks for the help.

I need to value my RV-7. Only 100 hours on it. Single Garmin G3X with autopilot. No lights, IFR nav, ADSB. The rest of the info is in my signature line. Not selling, but need to get the value.

Thanks for the help.

$75,500 asking price.

It will sell in 3 weeks at that price.

Why do you you want to sell it? You just finished building it!

:eek: CJ

$75,500 asking price.

It will sell in 3 weeks at that price.

Why do you you want to sell it? You just finished building it!

:eek: CJ

Thanks for the help.

extra characters

If determining a value for hull coverage, be advised there are disadvantages for over-value as well as under-value. If your plane is damaged with a below market hull value, the carrier may total it and give you a check for less than what it would cost to replace your plane. If over-valued, you may be stuck with a damaged aircraft you must repair whether you want to or not.

This is a fuzzy number, but you might start by browsing ads in Barnstormers to get an idea of asking prices for planes similar to yours.

Last edited:
would help to know what the purpose is????

Clark, I'm no expert, but there are many values.
is your state wanting sales tax? Divorce? insurance?

my insurer said to make sure 'replacement cost' included finding, doing pre-buy, ferrying, and tax on the replacement bird. that would add at least $10k, so don't undervalue.

I think you get my drift.....usually best to use the 'real' number.

Appraisal

You might consider getting it appraised by an associate of the National Aircraft Appraisers Association. You can receive several levels of review on your aircraft, depending on what your actual needs are.
https://www.plane-values.com

Clark, it is easy to say your plane is not worth 80 to 90 or more. But if you would like to sell it in the future... keep it high... as more folks drop their prices.. it drops across the board.

If your aircraft has been built well with no items that can be called out on it.. then price it accordingly.

I know a few folks on the board that would not take a 100 grand for theirs and I can not blame them... if you get one fully IFR, ADSl-B compliant constant speed prop... it is worth the money... There is nothing else out there that can touch a Vans for the value.

Jack

Back