What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Gear intersection fairings

TCONROY

Well Known Member
Question for those that purchased the -7 gear intersection fairings from Van's: The instructions that came with them say the fairings were purposefully made thin and to add two layers of 9oz cloth once fitted to the aircraft. I have them fitted and they do seem a bit thin but not too flimsy. Are most of you adding more layers of cloth to provide more support?

I too ordered the intersection fairings from Vans, and yes you do have to add 2-3 layers of glass to them. After doing the lower ones, I decided to save myself the headache and buy the uppers from RVBits. They worked great and were a simple bolt on. No glassing, sanding, shaping, just drill and bolt on.

I wish I would have known the Vans ones required additional glass work, if I would I wouldn't have wasted my time and $$$ on them. Spend the extra $$$ and get them from RVBits.

Oh, BTW, if you do order from RVBits, be prepared for a wait. It took them a month to get them to me because they ship from South Africa :mad:

I bought Van's first and then the RVBits ones. I was not happy with the way any of them looked. I chose to use Van's as a base to build from because I did not know what the surface stuff was on the RVBits pieces.

Back