What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

N616JJ flies!

JDanno

Well Known Member
After 5 1/2 long years, RV-10, #40853, N616JJ took flight today. Ceiling was low and so was the flight. IO-540 from Barrett Precision Engines and MT three blade prop made for a smooth running flight. Of course it will take a bit of time to work out the bugs. :)

Congrats Dan!!!

Hopefully the wx in TN will be better than I'm experiencing in Ohio for flying off Phase I.

Congrats! The farther along I get on my -10, the more appreciation I have for those who complete the job (and I started out with a lot :)

Well done!

D

Thank you all!
Only those who have actually started flying can appreciate the feeling of FINALLY getting in the air! Now I have joined you.:)

Rats, I was hoping you'd be in west TN, so I could come see your plane!
Lawrenceburg 2M2 it's about 25 miles south of Columbia. Small town. Very nice airport. Lots of building going on. My friend and hanger owner just finished his RV-10 (N710LE) and is starting a Carbon Cub.

BIG TIME CONGRATS.... If it's any consolation, my build took 14+ years. And now my wife wants me to build a -10. :D

We know the feeling, it is a significant milestone.

Being a pilot is one rare privilege.

Building and flying our own machine such as an RV10 is very rare.

Well done and welcome!

Back