What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

For no other reason except I got my tail wheel endorsement today.......

kjowen

Well Known Member
...and now I will finally be able to fly my -8!
(Solo - post some transition training)
It's with gratitude and thanks to everyone who stuck it out with me...
Dan Horton,
Jerry Morris, and last but not least,
My CFI, Mike Fitzpatrick.
Thanks guys!
K

f27996df72cfa4074ef5548d62472ee2.jpg

Ken-

Congrats! You have crossed over to the side where others say "Why" and we say, "Why not?" Just fly it from chocks out to chocks in.

Enjoy,

Way to go!

Come on over to Athens once you get comfortable

you're gonna love it

Last edited:
And when you're ready to join us for some formation work, let me know. We need more formation guys locally.

Congrats Ken!
Great looking 8
You have some big hitters in your corner with
Widget & Horton

Congratulations on the accomplishment. We fly for the thrills, and taildraggers are simply more thrilling! Is that the ex Frank H airplane from Dahlonega?

Last edited:
Frank's airplane lives in Texas, this is the sister airplane by same builder I believe.

Outstanding!!

You got rid of the training wheel!

Now you need to fly the the next Triple Tree Fly-In and land on the finest grass runway ANYWHERE.

Dale
N613DJ
RV-8 based at SC72
First Flight August 25th, 2012

Very good Ken!

My annual is done, so let me know when you're ready for an adventure. In the meantime, come on over to 08A. Probably be working on the Cub next weekend. You can shoot a bunch of landings on our 1943-model grass strip.

Thanks Guys!

I'm really looking forward to getting her off the ground, heading out to see old friends, making some new friends, and collecting some great memories.:D

Back