What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

DIY Skis

Faceplant

Has anyone built skis from a pair of snowboards?

Thanks,

If you’ve ever watched a beginner snowboarder, you’ll see them slap the ground hard when they catch the outside edge. In your case it would just cause an uncontrollable swerve.

If you’ve ever watched a beginner snowboarder, you’ll see them slap the ground hard when they catch the outside edge. In your case it would just cause an uncontrollable swerve.

De-tuning the board edges would be the least of my concerns regarding this consideration.

skis

Years ago we had a Rans S-12 that we took the wheels off and mounted snowboards for skis and they worked great. A pain to put on dollies to put in the hanger.
You would want BIG snowboards, probably upper 60's to 72 inch long for a RV. Do your home work on rigging the stop cables, crust cutter cables, and bungies. There is faa information available for proper angle to prevent dumping (front of ski goes over and is pointing down),travel etc. Skis are lots of fun.

I couldn’t find the others.. I remember they “tested” them by riding it like a little kid on a toboggan! Then he’s got other videos of his flying with the finished skis!

Back