What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Shoutout for Emagair and Dynon

woodmanrog

Well Known Member
My friend Eddy and I spent the better part of the week replacing our standard mags with dual Pmags. Never having done that type of installation before, I was quite nervous about the project. We followed the instructions step by and the install went fairly easy. At first startup, the engine fired right up but when we did the mag check, the left mag ran very rough. After a call to Brad, I found that I had reversed the position of the #2 and #3 plug wires at the distributer end. Easy mistake as the left mag is installed upside down so as to have the wiring facing to the outside of the engine. The second malady was the tach wasn't working. After a quick call (and instant response) from Dynon, representative Don knew exactly what was amiss and we merely had to run an already preinstalled ems wire to the Pmags.
I nervously climbed into the cockpit and fired "er up. WOW! It was like starting my car. The smoothness of the engine was startling to say the least. Everything is working just as it should and we will do a first flight over the airport come Saturday.
Sincerest thanks and gratitude to the Emagair team and Dynon for their products and especially their support.

Sounds like my experience with them when I did the same conversion back in 2013. It am glad to have such great customer service from these companies. :cool:

Back