What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pmag installation question

woodmanrog

Well Known Member
Has anybody made a video or have a lot of photos of their Pmag installation? I find the instructions to be confusing and a step by step in the install would be great if available. By the bye: This is the first subject I have not been able to find a Youtube video detailing. Thanks in advance for the input.
Woodmanrog

Pmags are as simple as it gets. Verify tdc on #1, verify flywheel shows tdc on starter dot, bolt pmag on in any orientation you like, install connector and blow into the manifold tube per the manual. All done. The manual is very good. The wiring is more complicated. Requires seperate breakers and switches and then connect the key switch to ground them like any other mag.

Last edited:
I installed my second P-Mag last week so it is fresh in my mind but did not make a video. PM/email if you'd like to discuss the details and how to make a cable for computer connection, if you'd like to program it vs just using the jumper. BTW, mine came with a jumper installed already but I like to configure it to my liking to further limit max advance.

I also put together an informational document from Bill Repucci's posts and talks with Brad at E-Mag.

Back