What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

EAA workbench cost?

diamond

Well Known Member
Just curious what it is costing to construct the EAA workbench these days. I've seen some values from pretty far back, but nothing real current. Also, for those who have made modifications to the plans, what additional costs did you incur? I'm mainly thinking about different surface materials that are used.

Just curious what it is costing to construct the EAA workbench these days. I've seen some values from pretty far back, but nothing real current. Also, for those who have made modifications to the plans, what additional costs did you incur? I'm mainly thinking about different surface materials that are used.

From 20 to 30 bucks in Hon Deep prices depending on the surface (your free labor). Or you can get one for free from my hangar :)

Last edited:
Diamond,

I've got three and you can have one for free if you're willing to come up to Lakeville to pick it up. I'm getting to that point in the build where I need the room more than the extra bench. I built these about 6 years ago and they have served me well. I have no idea what they would cost to build today.

Diamond,

I've got three and you can have one for free if you're willing to come up to Lakeville to pick it up. I'm getting to that point in the build where I need the room more than the extra bench. I built these about 6 years ago and they have served me well. I have no idea what they would cost to build today.

PM sent

Retractable Wheels Mod

Nice video but I like mine better. Take a look at my kitlog website and click on "Shop." There you can see what I did. If you slightly modify the size of the table tops (I went with two 6'x2' tables and one 4'x2' table) you can make them all out of the same sheet of ply or MDF. If you want a shelf at the lower level, then it's two sheets of ply or MDF. I also slightly modified the cut sequence, which saved me a couple of two by fours. In the end I have three tables, with shelves, on retractable wheels for the nice whole round figure of about $200. Wood, hinges, screws, glue and polyurethane from Lowe's, wheels with brakes from Harbor freight. I couldn't be happier with my tables and get positive comments all the time. Especially for how I rigged up my air line manifolds on the table. Check it out.

I like the retracts, but then you have to get the whole complex endorsement thing, shop insurance will cost more, and you know know what they say...."those who have, and those who will...." :)

Nice video but I like mine better. Take a look at my kitlog website and click on "Shop."

NICE! I am going to be building a new bench soon and want some kind of retractable wheels. Not sure what method I will use but you idea is at the top of the list.

Looks like mine ran about $125 each when I built them. I made mine a little bigger than is standard and added a lower shelf. I also put them on casters.

Materials list, pictures, etc. are here at n251rv.com

Happy building! :D

Back