What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

oil screen plug gasket

bill.hutchison

Well Known Member
All,

I am corn-fused.

I am searching for a part number that is equivalent to AELSTD111 - this is the crush gasket for the oil screen plug in the sump on my ECI Titan O-360-A4B1.

A "generic" O-360-A parts catalog (which Jim Ball said would apply) shows a part number of STD111 for this little crush gasket.

A search on Spruce doesn't show that part. A google search led me to an Ebay link here - https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-copper...S35769-21-06E19769-1-00-STD-111-/161395260257 - but I'm not 100% sure this is the right fit because it only spec's the ID and not the OD. Which probably doesn't make a difference and maybe I'm being paranoid, I just want to do this right.

Is the one on that Ebay link ok to use? Is there a part number Spruce has that is better that I'm just not seeing?

Sorry. I know this is a 101-level question.

And....buy a dozen of them - that way you’ll have enough for several years worth of oil changes, and you’ll have NO EXCUSE not to check the suction screen very time..... ;)

Paul

Also, these are "torqued" by an angular rotation after making contact, not by a torque value. once the gasket makes contact you turn it an additional 135 degrees. That is 2-1/4 flats on the hex.

Thanks, all.

The plug has been the source for one of my leaks so I torqued it up a bit today and re-safety wired it.

Three times. Because I'm learning.

Anyway - appreciate the info. Feel like I'm going to owe this forum an entire liquor store's worth of beer and bourbon before I'm done with this airplane.

Back