What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Perrin Air Force Base Historical Museum, Sherman/Denison, TX

SmittysRV

Well Known Member
Had a great time at the Perrin Air Force Museum at North Texas Regional/Perrin Field (GYI). Well worth the trip.

Perrin Air Force Museum

From their website:
"The Perrin Field Historical Society was chartered and registered as a non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation of the history of Perrin Army Airfield and Perrin Air Force Base located in Grayson County Texas. The purpose is to research, record and preserve the history of Perrin Field during thirty years of operating as an active military installation 1941 through 1971. Perrin Air Force Base Historical Museum is located at 436 McCullum Avenue, the first intersection after entering North Texas Regional Airport-Perrin Field from State Highway 691 west on to Grayson Drive. Turn left on McCullum Avenue south. Museum is on the corner of Grayson Drive and McCullum Avenue on your right. No admission fee. However, donations are appreciated."

perrin-field-museum-1.jpg

perrin-field-museum-2.jpg

If you come this week...

If you come this week, you can watch aerobatic nationals happening at GYI...and the sole RV competing in it...

museum and aerobatics

Best of luck Patric in the competition, and the museum is interesting too. Have fun with the greatest pilots in the world.
Bill
RV-4 slider
lower AL

Best 100LL price KSWI

Never been to GYI but I go to SWI all the time to buy fuel. They usually have the lowest 100LL price in the area.

Next time I'm up that way, I pop over to GYI to check out the museum - it's about a 2 minute flight from SWI to enter the pattern at GYI.

Back