-Advertise in here!
- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 03-03-2019, 11:43 AM

Link to the latest version on the new website.

https://www.vansaircraft.com/service...d-revisions/5/
Old 12-15-2019, 04:36 PM

Default Not quite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Boyd View Post
the cost of a PC or Mac with an optical drive. There's not a machine in my household that still has one anymore. Nor at work.

A thumb drive or downloadable PDF might be more with the times.

-Stormy
You'd never make it as a purchasing agent. All you would need to do is buy an external CD / DVD player. Or you could simply buy an internal optical drive from a vendor like newegg.com. Quality, name brand internal Optical drives can be purchased from Newegg and their competitors for about $15.

Charlie
Old 06-15-2020, 01:55 PM

I'm a new builder and ordered the empenage kit. I expected there to be a nice manual, bound, with all the drawings. I got a USB and only the tail docs included. In short, I thought the "Preview Plans" would be included.

Is it worth paying $55 to have Vans print them out nicely and bind them? Is there anything I'm missing? Some of the pages seem to be 8.5x11 and others 17x11 with side by side pages, so it's kind of a mess to print.
Old 06-15-2020, 02:01 PM

Default Hardcopy plans

What airplane are you building? There should be a some-assembly-required manual/ plans pages included.

Is there a light blue binder cover?
Looks like an airplane!
Molalla, OR

Last edited by ERushing : 06-15-2020 at 02:02 PM. Reason: punctuation
Old 06-15-2020, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jls32 View Post
I'm a new builder and ordered the empenage kit. I expected there to be a nice manual, bound, with all the drawings. I got a USB and only the tail docs included. In short, I thought the "Preview Plans" would be included.

Is it worth paying $55 to have Vans print them out nicely and bind them? Is there anything I'm missing? Some of the pages seem to be 8.5x11 and others 17x11 with side by side pages, so it's kind of a mess to print.

The large format printed plans will arrive with each kit. Seems like you have a PDF plans and your current kit printed plans...worked for me.

RV-7 Slider #74572
Started 11/2016
Empennage completed 11/2016 (sans fiberglass)
Ailerons and flaps completed 3/2017.
Wings completed 12/2017
Started on QB fuselage 01/2018
Sliding canopy mostly completed 10/2020
Wiring completed
Avionics harness build in progress
Donated for 2021 and so should you
Old 06-15-2020, 04:05 PM

Default Preview plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by jls32 View Post

In my opinion, yes. However, as you mentioned, printing is a mess. Some pages are landscape, some portrait, some 8.5x11, some 11x17. It's tough just printing revisions.
I have an extra Preview Plans Manual if you want it. I don't use it. You may have to print some of the revisions for it. Shoot me an e-mail or come up. I'm building a 7A in Estes Park.
You will get full size plans, ~24x36, with each kit. Buil a plans easel somewhere in the shop.
Those of us not building a 14 have to work with what we can!
Donated 01/01/2021, plus a little extra.
RV-7A #73391, N511RV reserved (2,000+ hours)
Empennage, wings, fuse, finishing kit, now FWF
Disclaimer
I cannot be, nor will I be, held responsible if you try to do the same things I do and it does not work and/or causes you loss, injury, or even death in the process.

Last edited by wirejock : 06-15-2020 at 04:07 PM.