VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

-POSTING RULES
-Advertise in here!
- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.


Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-15
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Will Vans debut the RV15 at Oshkosh22 as part of their big 50 year anniversary?
Yes 175 64.34%
No 97 35.66%
Voters: 272. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #51  
Old 06-18-2022, 05:49 PM
PilotjohnS PilotjohnS is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Southwest
Posts: 2,330
Default First flight

If they are flying to Osh, first flight must be imminent. But i am sure the transponder will be “broken” . I guess they could get a floght test area that covers the whole area from Oregon to Wisconsin…..
__________________
John S

WARNING! Information presented in this post is my opinion. All users of info have sole responsibility for determining accuracy or suitability for their use.

Dues paid 2022, worth every penny

RV9A- Status:
98% done, 2% left to go
Structure done (less gear)
Electrical/Panel done
Firewall Forward 95% done
Fiberglass 90%
www.pilotjohnsrv9.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 06-18-2022, 08:08 PM
greghughespdx's Avatar
greghughespdx greghughespdx is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Aurora, OR
Posts: 1,205
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Z View Post
5 blade prop is up to the builder, not Van's. However...

4 - turbine engines
1 - 1st prototype
5 - 50 passengers
X - Xtra back-country mission capable
V - Very slow

Sounds like a deHavilland Dash-7 Although a plane that size, might take a career to build.
Or...

4 - just because
15 - because 15
XV - also because 15.

?
__________________
Greg Hughes - Van's Aircraft
Van's web site | Instagram | Facebook
Opinions, information and comments are my own unless stated otherwise. They do not necessarily represent the direction/opinions of my employer.

Building RV-8A since Sept 2014
Dual AFS 5600, Avidyne IFD 440, Whirlwind 74RV, Superior XP IO-360
VAF build thread - Flickr photo album - Project Facebook page
Aurora, OR (EAA Chapter 105)

Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 06-18-2022, 08:16 PM
PilotjohnS PilotjohnS is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Southwest
Posts: 2,330
Default XV

Quote:
Originally Posted by greghughespdx View Post
Or...

4 - just because
15 - because 15
XV - also because 15.

?
But Xray Victor? kind of hard to say; you must not like your company pilots....
__________________
John S

WARNING! Information presented in this post is my opinion. All users of info have sole responsibility for determining accuracy or suitability for their use.

Dues paid 2022, worth every penny

RV9A- Status:
98% done, 2% left to go
Structure done (less gear)
Electrical/Panel done
Firewall Forward 95% done
Fiberglass 90%
www.pilotjohnsrv9.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 06-18-2022, 08:18 PM
greghughespdx's Avatar
greghughespdx greghughespdx is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Aurora, OR
Posts: 1,205
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotjohnS View Post
But Xray Victor? kind of hard to say; you must not like your company pilots....
They’re pretty capable. And not quite that high-maintenance hah. we all feel super grateful and privileged to be part of what we get to do. We can handle a few extra syllables.
__________________
Greg Hughes - Van's Aircraft
Van's web site | Instagram | Facebook
Opinions, information and comments are my own unless stated otherwise. They do not necessarily represent the direction/opinions of my employer.

Building RV-8A since Sept 2014
Dual AFS 5600, Avidyne IFD 440, Whirlwind 74RV, Superior XP IO-360
VAF build thread - Flickr photo album - Project Facebook page
Aurora, OR (EAA Chapter 105)

Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 06-18-2022, 08:33 PM
PaulvS's Avatar
PaulvS PaulvS is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 1,136
Default Kosh inbound

Cool!

So how do you say it over there, is it like:

"Oshkosh Traffic Vans RVee one five four one five Xray Victor niner miles south two thousand five hundred inbound estimated arrival circuit area one niner"
__________________
Paul vS (yes I'm also a Van)
Building RV-6A #22320 O-320 FP. Wings and tail complete, fuselage almost done, working on canopy.
Flying my Aeroprakt A-22 STOL and the aero club's RV-9A while I build
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 06-19-2022, 08:45 AM
RVbySDI's Avatar
RVbySDI RVbySDI is offline
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Tuttle, Oklahoma
Posts: 2,722
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulvS View Post
Cool!

So how do you say it over there, is it like:

"Oshkosh Traffic Vans RVee one five four one five Xray Victor niner miles south two thousand five hundred inbound estimated arrival circuit area one niner"
Well, don’t forget the “FIFE” pronounciation.
__________________
RVBYSDI
Steve
RV9A
https://rvwings.com

Live Long And Prosper! 🖖🏻
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 06-19-2022, 09:03 AM
Mel's Avatar
Mel Mel is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dallas area
Posts: 11,463
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulvS View Post
Cool!
So how do you say it over there, is it like:
"Oshkosh Traffic Vans RVee one five four one five Xray Victor niner miles south two thousand five hundred inbound estimated arrival circuit area one niner"
Unfortunately this is the type of transmission heard far too often.

The preferred response to this radio call would be, "Do you want fries with that?"
__________________
Mel Asberry, DAR since the last century. Over 1,000 certifications accomplished. Discount for Veterans, Law Enforcement, Fire Fighters.
EAA Flight Advisor/Tech Counselor, Friend of the RV-1
Recipient of Tony Bingelis Award and Wright Brothers Master Pilot Award
USAF Vet, High School E-LSA Project Mentor.
RV-6 Flying since 1993 (sold)
<rvmel(at)icloud.com>
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 06-19-2022, 12:39 PM
Caveman's Avatar
Caveman Caveman is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 692
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVbySDI View Post
Well, don’t forget the “FIFE” pronounciation.
Heck I don't even talk at Oshkosh, I just do what they instruct me to and rock my wings...
__________________
Joe Schneider
RV-7, IO-360, BA Hartzell, N847CR
Flying since 2008
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 07-02-2022, 03:00 PM
PilotjohnS PilotjohnS is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Southwest
Posts: 2,330
Default Looks like

Looks like temporary certificate was issued 5/25/22.
Does this mean first flight is imminent?
__________________
John S

WARNING! Information presented in this post is my opinion. All users of info have sole responsibility for determining accuracy or suitability for their use.

Dues paid 2022, worth every penny

RV9A- Status:
98% done, 2% left to go
Structure done (less gear)
Electrical/Panel done
Firewall Forward 95% done
Fiberglass 90%
www.pilotjohnsrv9.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 07-10-2022, 07:53 AM
PilotjohnS PilotjohnS is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Southwest
Posts: 2,330
Default Time to close?

All those who voted the correct answer should get a beer on Sunday night!!!!
__________________
John S

WARNING! Information presented in this post is my opinion. All users of info have sole responsibility for determining accuracy or suitability for their use.

Dues paid 2022, worth every penny

RV9A- Status:
98% done, 2% left to go
Structure done (less gear)
Electrical/Panel done
Firewall Forward 95% done
Fiberglass 90%
www.pilotjohnsrv9.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:24 AM.


The VAFForums come to you courtesy Delta Romeo, LLC. By viewing and participating in them you agree to build your plane using standardized methods and practices and to fly it safely and in accordance with the laws governing the country you are located in.