What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New "RV Builder Basics" video

Bill Wightman

Well Known Member
I just wanted to put a plug in for the first of a new video series by Les Bourne, the first of which is called "RV Builder Basics".

Here's a scan of the DVD cover jacket:

RVBuilderBasics.jpg"

As the title implies, this is for the beginning builder and is full of good solid know-how. Les has put an enormous amount of time and thought into making this professionally produced product. I think its worth every penny especially if you're relatively new to building your own sport plane.

I am a new first time builder and attended the SportAir workshop for RV assembly earlier this year. I bought this DVD to give my wife an introduction to the basic skills necessary for us to learn.

This is an excellent introduction to RV (metal airframe) construction. It is worth the price several times over and I am glad I purchased it and will get the rest of the series as our build progresses.

RV Builder Basics DVD

Thanks for the compliments. It was a lot of fun doing. The local builders have learned a lot from the DVD also. They all wish they had the DVD before they started building. I feel it is a great complement to Van's instruction.

Thanks Again

Les Bourne

Volume 2, Mounting the Wings and Tail

We're pleased to announce the release of the second edition of Les Bourne's "RV Builder Basics" DVD series. Volume 2 is called "Mounting the Wings and Tail" and it covers the critical tasks that will contribute to your completed airplane flying straight, fast, and hands-off.

It can be ordered at HomebuilderVideos.com. We are taking pre-orders, and the DVD will be shipped to you on 22 February 2011.

Here's a cover scan:

RV-DVD2-cover.jpg

Back