What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AFS Website Change

622BH

Well Known Member
Just went to the Advance Flight Systems' website - I have it bookmarked on my favorites page (MAC). When I clicked on the bookmark I was shocked to see Dynon web-like pages appear.
Last week it was the tried-and-true Advance Flight Systems looking page. Today it is Dynon looking page. I thought something was amiss but no.... it is the Advance Flight Systems information, parts, downloads, etc. Just looks like you are at Dynon.

Only posting this to inform. So you won't be shocked as I was.

AFS --> Dynon Website

After my initial post, I went "snooping" on the new AFS website.
When I clicked on the download link for the manuals, and then "more info" I was sent to a page that had only Dynon equipment.
Next I clicked on the Store link. Only Dynon systems showed up...

Is this a subtle hint to us that AFS systems are going to be supplanted with/by Dynon systems? Or, was the website changed without a thorough testing of all links to insure they went where they were intended?

Will be interested to see an informational posting from Rob / Dynon explaining the website transition and a view to the future of AFS products.

It says "Advanced: A Dynon Company" so looks like some kind of acquisition/merger happened.

Acquisition Old News, Website New

Yes, the acquisition of AFS by Dynon was several years ago. Its new - to me at least that the AFS website is now under the Dynon web system and as I "look around" the new website, I am finding that links indicating AFS do not necessarily take you to AFS equipment or information; they take you to Dynon equipment / information.
As mentioned in my initial post, last week it was AFS only - with the old AFS look. Today its Dynon with predominately Dynon look and equipment.

I understand the eventual merging of product lines that occur in acquisitions. But usually they come with some warning... Thus my interest in hearing from Rob.

Thanks for the heads up.

I like the new page, just a little hard to find the software and database updates.

But now that I took it for a test drive I see them.

All of the AFS Equipment and support documents should be available on the new web site.

If you go to the products page the left side has Skyview and the right side has AFS. If anything the new web site is giving the AFS EFIS screens more exposure. The Dynon/AFS catalog has had the AFS equipment in it for the last year.

Nothing has changed..... other than a new website look and feel.

Rob Hickman
Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

Not working quite correctly

Rob,
I've clicked on several links that should have provided more information on AFS equipment only to have the link take me to a Dynon page that does not contain information regarding AFS equipment.
I didn't write down each of the "failed" links, but there are several.

Won't argue that the new website looks professional, but will argue that it pushes Dynon at you when you go looking for AFS.

Just my AFS leaning $0.02...

Thanks for your post.

Back