What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

recommendations for Panel Mounted PTT

moll780

Well Known Member
Anyone have some suggestions for a panel mounted PTT button?

I can ask Spruce but thought I would ask the Vans community first.

thanks in advance.

PTT

Any good quality push button switch that your happy with (appearance) should work. Just remember that you get what you pay for. Give Stein a call, he probable has just what you want.

I used a good quality SPST switch that had some tactile feedback. I mounted it just above the throttle on my -6 so that I could press it with my index finger without moving my hand from the throttle.

Worked well. Tactile feedback was important to me, that way you can be sure without looking

A good question.

Since the contacts will switch micro-amps only you will need to find one with gold plated contacts. The reason being that it will see insufficient current to 'blow' the oxidisation off the contact points for silver or plain copper contacts. This oxidisation builds over time till one day the switch contact resistance is sufficiently high that the switch appears not to close. Note switch specifications include a minimum current spec.

Gold contact switches are by definition only found in quality products, but not all quality switches have gold contacts.

I might add to the above.... A spst " momentary" switch. This would look like this on an orderin chart "spst mom"

Bird

Back